This salad is so delicious and perfect for summer! It's topped with fresh sweet strawberries, quinoa, full of dark leafy greens, has a crunch from carrots, lettuce, and pepitas, and the avocado provides you with healthy fats instead of the nasty saturated fats found in most store bought dressings.
The maple mustard dressing we made to go along with it tastes perfect on this salad. It's light, tangy, sweet, creamy, and is made without oil! Definitely our new go-to salad dressing.
Prep time: 20 mins Serves: 2
4 large handfuls of spinach
1-2 handfuls kale (used red russian)
handful iceberg lettuce
1/2 shredded red cabbage
2 cups quinoa
4 large strawberries
4 baby carrots
2 tbsp pepitas
Oil-Free Sweet Mustard Dressing
2 tbsp dijon mustard (used Woodstock)
1 tbsp coconut amminos (or low-sodium tamari)
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp nutritional yeast
3 tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Cook quinoa according to instructions. This should usually take 15 minutes.
2. Chop the leafy greens and set aside. Next, chop strawberries, carrots, and cabbage. Then, slice the avocado.
3. When quinoa is done, allow it to cool, then add all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
Directions for Oil-Free Sweet Mustard Dressing
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl or processor and stir/blend. If you want to make more, double the recipe or add a few tbsp or water.
2. Drizzle on top of salad and enjoy!
Twins. 20 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts and lifestyle.