We love making Buddha bowls for lunch and dinner. They're easy to create, you can add as many veggies as you desire, and they're loaded with nutrients and plant-based protein. Plus, they're so fun to make!
This recipe for Marinated Kale and Quinoa Buddha Bowls provides a wonderful balance of plant-based protein, healthy fats, and dark leafy greens. To spice up this recipe, we used Natierra Superfood's Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, which is packed with beneficial properties. Unlike regular table salt which is over processed, Natierra's Pink Himalayan Sea Salt is 100% natural, unrefined, and free from additives. Some of the benefits of consuming Pink Sea salt include:
Cook time: 20 minutes Serves: 2-3
For the Marinated Kale
4 cups kale, copped
1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp coconut aminos (or braggs)
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp minced garlic
Pinch of Natierra's Pink Salt
For the quinoa
1 cup quinoa, cooked
2 tbsp chives, chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Pinch of Pink Sea Salt
Black pepper to taste
1 can chickpeas
2 leaves romaine, chopped
1/2 cup spiralized zuchini
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
Healthy salad dressing of choice
1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Once cooked, scoop out 1 cup and set aside to cool.
2. Rinse and chop the kale and red cabbage. In a small bowl, create marinade by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos (or braggs), pink sea salt (to taste), minced garlic, and lemon juice. Toss kale and red cabbage with the marinade and massage the marinade into the kale. Let soak in while preparing the remaining ingredients.
2. In a bowl, combine 1 cup cooked quinoa with the chopped parsley, chives, lemon juice, and Pink Sea Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Using a veggie spiralizer, spiralize 1/2 cup of zucchini. Pat with towel to remove excess liquid.
4. Serve the lemon parsley quinoa in bowls topped with the marinated kale, chickpeas, sliced avocado, spiraled zucchini, chopped romaine, and pumpkin seeds, and drizzle with your favorite healthy salad dressing.
Twins. 21 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts, and lifestyle.