Who wouldn't jump at the chance to have a healthy treat that tastes like an ice cream sandwich? Today, that is what my sister and I decided to make: Raw ice cream sandwich slices! But instead of being filled with milk, cholesterol, and other nasty things, these ice cream sandwich bars are vegan, raw, and low in fat. These raw slices are the best we've created so far, and taste sooooo good.
Perfect for a hot summer day. Or any day in general.
Prep time: 4 hours Serves: 10-12 slices
8 medjool dates (soaked or boiled in hot water until soft)
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 cup almond flour
Ice Cream Layer
2 tbsp cashew pieces (soaked for at least 2 hours)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp maple syrup
Chocolate Ice Cream Layer
1/2 cup soaked cashew pieces (soaked for 2 hours)
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp cacao powder
1. Pulse almond meal, cacao, and soaked medjool dates in a food processor or blender. (Tip: we like to mash the medjool dates with a fork before placing in the processor so they mix easier!)
2. Press crust mixture into baking tray and place in freezer while you prepare the next later layer.
For ice cream and chocolate ice cream layer
1. Combine soaked cashews, vanilla, and maple syrup and pulse in a blender until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth. The mixture will be a little liquidy. Spread it evenly over the crust. Put back in freezer and let it sit for half an hour or less.
Make the chocolate layer when you take it out of the freezer
1. Combine soaked cashews, cacao powder, and maple syrup in blender until it becomes creamy and smooth. Spread evenly over the cream layer and place in freezer.
2. Let the slices sit in the freezer for at least two hours before eating.
Twins. 20 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts and lifestyle.