My sister and I love when figs come in season, which is August through October. Not only are figs delicious, they are good in so many recipes. We love blending them in smoothies, slicing them on oatmeal, or eating them as a snack.
Today we used California Brown Figs and decided to make chocolate covered figs. They are easy to make, yummy, and make for the perfect, healthy little treat. Just the right amount of sweet, combined with the vegan chocolate, they are are simply irresistible!
Prep: 15 mins Makes: Up to 15
1 basket of figs, preferably ripe brown figs
2 tbsp cacao powder
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
Any vegan store-bought chocolate
1. Choose figs that are ripe yet still firm.
2. Wash and cut the figs longways into thin slices and aside to prepare chocolate.
3. To make the chocolate, you can choose to melt your favorite vegan chocolate or use our go-to homemade chocolate recipe. Both are just as good!
4. For the homemade chocolate sauce, mix 2 tbsp of cacao powder with 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup (depends on taste) and 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil. Mix until the chocolate is smooth and fully blended.
5. Dip the ends of the figs in the chocolate and carefully lay on a tray or plate, then place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes until the chocolate is firm. Once firm, take the figs out and decorate! We love using chopped goji berries and coconut chips. Some other great toppings are sea salt, buckinis, nut butters, and hemp seeds. Feel free to get creative!
Twins. 20 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts and lifestyle.