These raw blueberry cheesecake slices turned out amazing! They're incredibly creamy, melt in your mouth, and are made from wholesome ingredients and fresh blueberries. Best of all, they're guilt-fee, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free, soy free, dairy free, and raw! Plus, they were a hit with the non-vegan fam.
Make Time: 2+ hours Serves: about 8
For the crust
8 medjool dates (cooked in sauce pan for 5-10 minuets)
1 cup pecans
For blueberry cheesecake layer
1 cup cashews (soaked for at least four or five hours)
2 tbsp or more fresh blueberries
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp organic maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla essence
Juice from 1/2 of a lime
For the crust
1. Pulse pecans and soaked medjool dates in a food processor or blender. (Tip: we like to mash the medjool dates with a fork before placing in the processor so they mix easier!)
2. Press crust mixture into baking tray at least 1-2 inches thick and place in freezer while you prepare the cheesecake layer.
For the cheesecake layer
1. Put soaked cashews, soaked medjool dates, blueberries, lime juice, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a processor and blend until the mixture becomes creamy. The mixture may seem really soft when done, so you can place it in the fridge for a few minutes to solidify.
2. Take crust out of freezer and pour cheesecake mixture evenly over the top. Place fresh blueberries on top or additional toppings (cacao nibs or coconut flakes would be delicious!) Return to freezer for at least two hours.
3. Cut into slices and enjoy!
We love pumpkin! Unfortunately, most of the pumpkin-flavored foods in the stores around this time are loaded with unnecessary additives, fillers, sweeteners, and things most of us can't even pronounce. My sister an I decided that we wanted to make our own pumpkin spice granola that would be Vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and have an ingredient list that everyone can pronounce!
Yields: about 2 or more cups
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
1/8 cup raw pepitas
1/8 cup crushed walnuts
1/4 cup crushed pecans
1/8 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup 100% pure organic maple syrup
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix until evenly combined.
2. Place on non-stick baking pan and cook for 20-25 minuets, occasionally checking to stir so the granola doesn't burn.
3. Take out and let cool.
Twins. 20 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts and lifestyle.