These raw blueberry cheesecake slices turned out amazing! They're incredibly creamy, melt in your mouth, and are made from wholesome ingredients and fresh blueberries. Best of all, they're guilt-fee, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free, soy free, dairy free, and raw! Plus, they were a hit with the non-vegan fam.
Make Time: 2+ hours Serves: about 8
For the crust
8 medjool dates (cooked in sauce pan for 5-10 minuets)
1 cup pecans
For blueberry cheesecake layer
1 cup cashews (soaked for at least four or five hours)
2 tbsp or more fresh blueberries
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp organic maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla essence
Juice from 1/2 of a lime
For the crust
1. Pulse pecans and soaked medjool dates in a food processor or blender. (Tip: we like to mash the medjool dates with a fork before placing in the processor so they mix easier!)
2. Press crust mixture into baking tray at least 1-2 inches thick and place in freezer while you prepare the cheesecake layer.
For the cheesecake layer
1. Put soaked cashews, soaked medjool dates, blueberries, lime juice, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a processor and blend until the mixture becomes creamy. The mixture may seem really soft when done, so you can place it in the fridge for a few minutes to solidify.
2. Take crust out of freezer and pour cheesecake mixture evenly over the top. Place fresh blueberries on top or additional toppings (cacao nibs or coconut flakes would be delicious!) Return to freezer for at least two hours.
3. Cut into slices and enjoy!
We love anything and everything pumpkin spice. Unfortunately, many of the pumpkin spice flavored foods that emerge on store shelves come fall are loaded with unnecessary additives, fillers, sweeteners, and things most of us can't even pronounce. My sister and I decided to make our own pumpkin spice granola with the goal of creating a recipe that not only tastes good, but also has natural, healthy ingredients everyone can pronounce. The result was this delicious recipe that is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free, perfect for fulfilling your pumpkin spice cravings while remaining healthy.
Total Time: 30 mins Yields: 2-3 cups
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
2. Line a baking tray and spread granola evenly across. Bake in oven for 20-25 minuets, occasionally checking to stir so the granola so that it doesn't burn.
3. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in airtight container for 4-5 days.
Twins. 21 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts, and lifestyle.