Recently, my sister and I have been obsessed with making raw vegan treats! They are delicious, healthy, and full of healthy fats. Also, because we love raspberries so much, we decided to make raspberry slices this time. Just saying, chocolate and raspberry is one of the best combos, am I right? Simply put, these vegan slices turned out to be AMAZING!
Total time: 1+ hours Serves: 8-9
8 medjool dates
2 large tablespoons of raw cacao powder
1 cup almond meal
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup frozen and/or fresh raspberries
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp chia seeds
1 cup soaked cashews
2 medjool dates
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp organic maple syrup
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1. Soak cashews for four hours or more.
2. After soaking medjool dates, process all crust ingredients in a processor. (Tip: we like to mash the medjool dates with a fork before placing in the processor so they mix easier!)
3. Press crust mixture into baking tray and place in freezer while you prepare the raspberry and cheesecake layer.
For raspberry layer
1. Process raspberries, maple syrup, and chia seeds until combined. Spread over crust and place back in freezer.
For cheesecake layer
1. Process all ingredients until the mixture becomes creamy. This may take several minuets. Spread mixture over the raspberry layer (make sure the raspberry layer has hardened a little bit so it spreads nicely) and place back in fridge.
Allow the slices to sit in the freezer for at least 2 hours before enjoying!
Creamy chocolate oatmeal on a chilly fall morning - it doesn't get much better! Oatmeal is on o our all-time favorite breakfast. My sister and I will make it for weeks on end and not get tired of it!
Yields: 2-3 servings
1 cup of oats
2 tbsp of Cacao powder
1 tsp Lucuma powder
1-2 cups water
1. Heat water on stove.
2. Mix in the Cacao powder and Lucuma powder with dry oats, then add to the water. Stir until the oats have absorbed the water and have become creamy.
Choice of organic nut butter
Choice of nuts
Choice of fruit
Twins. 20 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts and lifestyle.