Quinoa is often associated with lunch or dinner, but this protein-rich superfood grain can also be a great idea for breakfast. Just like oatmeal, quinoa is one of the healthiest grains on Earth, it's gluten-free, and is a great source of plant-based protein, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which can help reduce blood sugar and promote weight loss.
One of our favorite ways to enjoy quinoa for breakfast is by adding fresh fruit, cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup. When we want to spice it up, we cook the quinoa in coconut or almond milk, which enhances the flavor and nutrients. This simple Quinoa Breakfast Bowl recipe combines creamy coconut milk and fresh fruit for a delicious, protein-packed breakfast infused with cinnamon and a hearty, nutty flavor.
Cook time: 15 mins Total Time: 20 mins Serves: 2
1. Rinse the quinoa through a fine mesh strainer before cooking. In a cooking pot, bring 1 cup coconut milk to a boil and add the quinoa, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt, and maple syrup . Lower heat to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the coconut milk has absorbed and the quinoa becomes soft and fluffy.
2. Serve in bowls topped with fresh fruit, dried figs, coconut flakes, additional cinnamon, and golden berries if desired.
We love anything and everything pumpkin spice. Unfortunately, many of the pumpkin spice flavored foods that emerge on store shelves come fall are loaded with unnecessary additives, fillers, sweeteners, and things most of us can't even pronounce. My sister and I decided to make our own pumpkin spice granola with the goal of creating a recipe that not only tastes good, but also has natural, healthy ingredients everyone can pronounce. The result was this delicious recipe that is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free, perfect for fulfilling your pumpkin spice cravings while remaining healthy.
Total Time: 30 mins Yields: 2-3 cups
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
2. Line a baking tray and spread granola evenly across. Bake in oven for 20-25 minuets, occasionally checking to stir so the granola so that it doesn't burn.
3. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in airtight container for 4-5 days.
Twins. 21 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts, and lifestyle.