Who doesn't love making waffles for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner (yes, my sister and I have done this many times)? As autumn approaches and pumpkin spice, vegan eggnog, and all things squashes appear in the stores, we're more than ready to jump on the pumpkin-spice-and-eggnog-flavored-everything wagon.
This recipe for Gluten Free "Eggnog" Waffles combine a flavorful mix of dairy-free eggnog with pumpkin spice flavors, creating the ideal waffles for a chilly fall breakfast (or dinner).
Prep time: 30 mins Makes: 3 waffles
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour or regular flour
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1 flax egg (3 tbsp water and 1 tbsp milled flaxseed meal)
1 1/2 cups Silk Almond Nog Pumpkin Spice or Califia Farms Holiday Nog
1 tbsp vanilla
1. First, make the flax egg by adding 3 tbsp water to 1 tbsp of milled flaxseed meal. Mix together and set aside to firm. Next, mix the gluten free flour with the almond flour, baking powder, and coconut sugar.
3. Mix 1 cup of the Pumpkin Spice Eggnog with the vanilla, then add to the flour. Next, stir in flax egg and mix the ingredients together until it turns to batter that is runny enough to pour over the waffle maker.
3. Coat the waffle maker with a little melted coconut oil so the waffles don't stick. Then pour batter over waffle maker with enough to fill the entire thing. Cook as long as your waffle making machine suggests and remove when done and fully cooked.
4. Top with fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup. If you are in the mood to indulge, a dollop of vegan whipped coconut cream is a great idea. Enjoy!
This creamy green matcha smoothie bowl is our go-to smoothie after a good morning workout! It always gives us an energizing kick and refuels us for the day ahead. This bowl is high in antioxidants, is detoxifying, and strengthens the immune system. It is a good pick up for those days when you are feeling tired and it keeps your metabolism going. We love the creaminess of the matcha and the maca powder together, and the coconut water adds a refreshing taste. So whether your finishing a workout, getting read to start the day, on the way to the beach, or even on your way to work, this smoothie is just the thing!
Prep time: 5 mins Serves: 1-2
2 frozen and chopped bananas
1/2 cup coconut water
1 tsp matcha powder
1 tsp maca powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 handfuls of spinach
1. Chop frozen banannas first so smoothie blends better.
2. Add spinach and coconut water next, blend and then add the rest of the ingredients. Top with your favorite fruits or granola and enjoy!
Twins. 20 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts and lifestyle.