Bliss balls are one of our favorite snacks to make. We love having them around for a healthy, quick snack, post-workout fuel, to put on breakfast or smoothie bowls, or even as a healthy dessert. Bliss balls are so versatile and can be made with many different ingredients.
Today, we're sharing our recipe for Chocolate Coconut Superfood Bliss Balls. These healthy plant-based treats are packed with antioxidants, fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals, and are guaranteed to give you a boost of energy whether you've just come from the gym, or spent 4 hours studying for finals.
(PS. We tried them on oatmeal this morning and it was delicious!)
Prep time: 10 min Makes: about 23
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
8 dates, pitted
2 tbsp Your Superfoods Organic Chocolate Lover's Mix (15% off discount code here!)
1 tsp vanilla
1. If dates are not already soft, boil/simmer them in hot water for 4-5 minutes until soft.
2. Put all ingredients in blender or food processor and mix on high until everything is combined and the almonds are pulverized. If the mixture is still too dry, at a few more dates.
3. Use a tablespoon to scoup out the mixture and roll into balls. You can roll them in chia seeds, vegan chocolate, or coconut flakes, or even add vegan chocolate chips to the mixture if desired.
4. Eat right away and store additional bliss balls in the fridge.
Greens are where it's at! My sister and I love incorporating greens into our daily meals, but rather than having them only for lunch or dinner, we love finding creative ways to add greens to our breakfast if we're not craving a green smoothie. Our favorite so far: zucchini oats.
Adding zucchini to your oatmeal is which is a great way to incorporate veggies into breakfast, it amplifies the nutritional benefits of oatmeal by providing a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals, and we promise you can't even taste it.
In addition to fresh veggies, we love adding green powdered superfoods to our meals, such as matcha, spirulina, moringa, and wheatgrass. So, when we discovered Your Super Food's Ogranic Matcha Power Mix (15% off discount here), we instantly fell in love.
Together with the zucchini and matcha powder, this recipe packs an abundance of greens and antioxidants, creating the ideal, energizing and super-food-charged breakfast for a busy morning.
Prep time: 5 min Total time: 24 hours Makes: 2 bowls
1 cup oats
2 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup grated zucchini
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Your Superfoods Matcha Power Mix (15% off discount here!!!)
1. Grate 1/2 cup of zucchini and press into towl to remove exess water. Next, combine all ingredients in a bowl or mason jar and mix thoroughly. Cover and store the jar in the fridge overnight.
3. The next morning, stir the oats once. If needed, add more liquid if the consistency is too thick.
2. Separate into bowls and top with fresh fruit, goji berries, hemp seeds, and cashew butter if desired.
Twins. 20 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts and lifestyle.