It's March 23rd and guess what day it is? National Chia Seed day! My sister and I enjoy adding chia seeds to our meals any day of the week, but today, we celebrated National Chia Seed day by making a bowl of decadent chocolate chia seed pudding for breakfast. We created this delicious recipe by using our favorite chia seeds by Mamma Chia, which are organic, Non-GMO certified, and of highest quality, resulting in a delicious, nutrient dense recipe that is packed with flavor and super-foods, making the ideal grab-n-go breakfast or snack.
So what's so great about chia seeds? Chia seeds became all the rage several years back because of their incredible nutritional value, and they continue to hold that status--rightly so. Chia seeds are known for their healing abilities and energizing powers, and they're versatile to use in recipes, making them a wonderful addition to smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt, granola, salads, and even homemade snacks. Here are some of the reasons we love chia seeds:
Total time: 24 hours Serves: 1-2
1. Whisk together the cashew milk, maple syrup, maca powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and sea salt. Next, gradually whisk in the cacao powder.
2. Gradually add the chia seeds to the milk, stirring slowly to avoid clumping. Mix thoroughly.
3. Cover and place mixture in the fridge overnight, or at least 6 hours before serving (the chia pudding consistency should be thick). Top with fresh fruit, nuts, and seeds, or your favorite toppings and enjoy.
When it comes to Buddha bowls, the options are limitless. There are so many fresh veggies, healthy grains, and proteins you can mix together to create a wonderful bowl. My sister and I love colorful recipes because they are full of plant-based goodness, nutrition, and are fun to make. These protein packed Quinoa Buddha bowls are loaded with vibrant veggies, fresh avocado, chia and hemp seeds, and crispy roasted chickpeas by Biena Snacks, topped with a creamy maple-tahini dressing that blends wonderfully with the veggies. These bowls are a delicious, simple recipe that's packed with nutrition and flavor.
The key ingredient in this recipe is Biena Snack's Sea Salt Roasted Chickpeas, which give these bowls the perfect crunch. My sister and I have been obsessed with roasted chickpeas, but having a busy scheduling of balancing college, working out, and other daily responsibility, we often don't have the time we need to prepare and roast our own chickpeas. This is why we love Beina Snack's roasted chickpeas -- they're delicious, made with wholesome ingredients, packed with protein, and easy to add to just about any dish without any prep.
We also love these roasted chickpeas as a healthy snack when we're feeling hungry, or as post-workout fuel.
Total time: 10-15 mins Serves: 1-2
1. Divide the cooked quinoa into two bowls, then add the Roasted Sea Salt Chickpeas, cabbage, spiralized carrot and zucchini, green peas, avocado, spring mix, and chia and hemp seeds on top of the quinoa. Add additional toppings as desired.
2. In a small bow, whisk together all ingredients for the tahini dressing, adjusting flavor and consistency to taste.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the bowls and serve.
Twins. 21 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts, and lifestyle.