Warm, fluffy pancakes infused with cinnamon and vanilla, mmm! There is nothing better than a warm stack of pancakes on a lazy Sunday morning, especially when its chilly outside. My sister and I are always trying different recipes, but this stack of Gluten-Free Cinnamon Vanilla Pancakes became an instant hit.
These gluten free pancakes are delicious and fluffy, easy to whip up, and ideal for a lazy day morning indoors.
Prep time: 10 minutes Serves: 1-2
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup GF flour blend (we used Trader Joe's blend)
1 cup almond milk
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1. Pour all ingredients into a blender or processor and blend until evenly combined.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet or grease a cooking pan with coconut oil over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the edges or they begin turning golden. Flip when the spatula slides cleanly underneath and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes. The pancakes should be golden brown on both sides.
3. Top pancakes with fresh fruit, nut butter, or maple syrup as desired.
*try adding blueberries or vegan chocolate to the batter to spice them up.
My sister and I love pasta. Pasta is always an easy plant-based, quick, simple, option. Sadly, many refined pastas aren't that great, however, with the right type of pasta and good ingredients, pasta can be just as nutritious as any other meal. We stick to gluten-free pastas such as quinoa, brown rice, lentil, or black bean pasta, but whole wheat pasta is just as good for those who aren't gluten free. These healtheir pasta choices provide nutrients, protein, minerals, and avoid the unnecessary add-ins most pasta brands contain such as egg traces, bleached flour, empty carbs, fillers, or other harmful ingredients.
We are always looking for new vegan pasta recipes, so it turns out that just the other day, one of our friends sent us a non-vegan recipe that that she thought we could create a vegan version of. And of course, we did!
Using some of our favorite ingredients, we came up with this vegan Pad-Thai inspired dish that quickly became one of our favorites. It's easy, simple, and bursting with flavor.
Prep time: 20-25 mins Serves: 2-3
1 box of organic spaghetti pasta (we used GF spaghetti pasta)
4-5 small sweet peppers
2 medium carrots
1 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 lime or lemon
For Peanut Sauce
1/3 cup creamy organic peanut butter
4 tbsp coconut aminos (can sub tamari or soy)
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1/3 cup water
2 cloves garlic
1/2 inch of fresh ginger
1 tsp sriracha sauce (add more if stronger kick desired. We love Fix Sriracha because it has no icky preservatives)
1 tbsp coconut sugar
Garnish Options: basil, cilantro, crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, cracked black pepper.
1. Cook noodles according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, wash all veggies and chop the peppers, shallot, scallions. Use a grater or spiralizer on the carrot and cucumber.
3. Next, blend all ingredients for the sauce in a food processor until creamy and well-combined. Once the noodles are done cooking, rinse and pour along with the vegetables into a large bowl. Squeeze lemon/lime juice on top and stir in the sauce to coat.
4. Garnish with sesame seeds, chives, or fresh spices. Enjoy!
Twins. 21 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts, and lifestyle.