Quinoa is often associated with lunch or dinner, but this protein-rich superfood grain can also be a great idea for breakfast. Just like oatmeal, quinoa is one of the healthiest grains on Earth, it's gluten-free, and is a great source of plant-based protein, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which can help reduce blood sugar and promote weight loss.
One of our favorite ways to enjoy quinoa for breakfast is by adding fresh fruit, cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup. When we want to spice it up, we cook the quinoa in coconut or almond milk, which enhances the flavor and nutrients. This simple Quinoa Breakfast Bowl recipe combines creamy coconut milk and fresh fruit for a delicious, protein-packed breakfast infused with cinnamon and a hearty, nutty flavor.
Cook time: 15 mins Total Time: 20 mins Serves: 2
1. Rinse the quinoa through a fine mesh strainer before cooking. In a cooking pot, bring 1 cup coconut milk to a boil and add the quinoa, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt, and maple syrup . Lower heat to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the coconut milk has absorbed and the quinoa becomes soft and fluffy.
2. Serve in bowls topped with fresh fruit, dried figs, coconut flakes, additional cinnamon, and golden berries if desired.
These raw blueberry cheesecake slices turned out amazing! They're incredibly creamy, melt in your mouth, and are made from wholesome ingredients and fresh blueberries. Best of all, they're guilt-fee, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free, soy free, dairy free, and raw! Plus, they were a hit with the non-vegan fam.
Make Time: 2+ hours Serves: about 8
For the crust
8 medjool dates (cooked in sauce pan for 5-10 minuets)
1 cup pecans
For blueberry cheesecake layer
1 cup cashews (soaked for at least four or five hours)
2 tbsp or more fresh blueberries
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp organic maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla essence
Juice from 1/2 of a lime
For the crust
1. Pulse pecans and soaked medjool dates in a food processor or blender. (Tip: we like to mash the medjool dates with a fork before placing in the processor so they mix easier!)
2. Press crust mixture into baking tray at least 1-2 inches thick and place in freezer while you prepare the cheesecake layer.
For the cheesecake layer
1. Put soaked cashews, soaked medjool dates, blueberries, lime juice, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a processor and blend until the mixture becomes creamy. The mixture may seem really soft when done, so you can place it in the fridge for a few minutes to solidify.
2. Take crust out of freezer and pour cheesecake mixture evenly over the top. Place fresh blueberries on top or additional toppings (cacao nibs or coconut flakes would be delicious!) Return to freezer for at least two hours.
3. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Twins. 21 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts, and lifestyle.