Chilly weather calls for warm soup. This fall-inspired recipe for vegan Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Chickpeas and Brussels Sprouts is perfect for a chilly evening, offering a nourishing bowl of essential vitamins and nutrients, plant-based protein, and delicious fall flavors.
Cook time: 1 hour Serves: 4-6
2 cans pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable broth
2 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, diced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
For roasted veggies
1 can chicpkeas
2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half
Olive oil (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Rinse the chickpeas and pat dry with a towel, then chop the Brussels sprouts and toss both the chickpeas and Brussels sprouts in olive oil, sea salt, and curry spices.
2. Evenly spread chickpeas and Brussels sprouts on the baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts become crispy and the chickpeas turn golden. Remove from oven.
3. As the veggies roast, begin making the pumpkin soup. Using a saucepan, saute the chopped onion and garlic over medium heat until crispy and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Careful not to burn.
4. Next, add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, sea salt and spices to the saucepan and stir to combine. If the consistency is too thick, add more vegetable broth. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve soup in bowls and garnished with the roasted chickpeas and Brussels sprouts, chopped kale, and a sprinkle of chia seeds, hemp seeds, black pepper, and sea salt if desired.
Twins. 20 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts and lifestyle.