The other day my sister and I saw a recipe for non-vegan white chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cup slices, so we thought, how hard could it be to make a vegan version of that recipe? As a result, we threw around some ideas, created this recipe, and it was an instant hit!
These raw slices are creamy, melt-in-your mouth, and have a delicious silky texture. Cacao butter is the base for this recipe, which is a Mayan super-food, and is packed full of vital nutrients including healthy fats just like coconut oil. Combined with the peanut butter, this recipe is a powerhouse of super-foods and protein. Maple syrup is the only sweetener, making this dessert a delightfully healthy treat.
Total Time: 1+ hours Makes: 12+ bars
1 cup and 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 cup cacao butter
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
Vegan peanut butter cups - we used the Justin's Brand
Sea salt to taste (only use if peanut butter is unsalted)
1. Melt cacao butter in a cooking pan on medium heat until completely melted. Stir frequently.
2. In a bowl, mix the melted cacao butter, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt together until fully combined .
3. Line a baking tray with foil or parchment and pour the mixture into it. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour or in freezer for 30 minutes. Before the bars solidity, remove from fridge and press the peanut butter cups into top of the slices. You can cut the peanut butter cups or leave them whole.
4. Return to the fridge until the slices become solid, then serve and enjoy!
Who remembers begging your mother to lick the bowl when making cookies? Or maybe it was a sneaky taste when she wasn't looking. Either way, my sister and I agree that eating cookie dough was almost better than the cookies themselves. Because of our love for cookie dough, we came up with this healthy vegan oatmeal-based cookie dough recipe that is delicious and certian to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Not only is it tasty, but it's completely guilt-free and packed full of protien. This recipe is our go to dessert for a night in or a day of netflix binging.
Prep time: 1 hour Serves: 2
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups water or nut milk
2 tbsp peanut butter powder
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp cane sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Sea salt to taste
Vegan chocolate chips
1. Cook oatmeal by stovetop or split into 1/2 cups and cook in mircrowave. With either cooking method, the desicred consistency should be thick and creamy.
2. Transfer the oatmeal to a bowl and chill in the fridge or freezer until it cools, about 30 minutes . It can be helpful to make the oatmeal in advance so it has time to cool off.
3. Once the oatmeal has cooled, add the oatmeal, peanut butter and peanut butter powder, maple syrup, cane sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and sea salt to a blender. Blend until the ingredients are fully combined and a creamy texture is acheived. You can adjust the sweetness, salt, and texute to your preferences.
4. Mix in the vegan chocolate chips and serve. Adding crushed pretzels or cacao nibs is another great idea. Oh, and trust us and add that extra scroup of peanut butter on the top ;)
Twins. 20 years old. Here to inspire, to learn and create, and share all things health and wellness related. Find recipes, our workouts and lifestyle.